- General Heat Treatment Processes
- Stress Relieving
- Annealing (Full Annealing, Process Annealing, Isothermal Annealing)
- Hardening (Water / Oil / Polymer Quenching)
- Flame Hardening
- Solution Treatment
- Precipitation Hardening (Natural / Artificial Ageing)
- In-situ Stress Relieving (With Time-Temperature recorder Arrangements)
- Special Heat Treatment Processes
- Gas Carburizing
- Nitriding (Liquid / Gas)
- Induction Hardening
- Cryogenic Cold Treatment
- Better combination of excellent resistance to wear as well as surface hardness (over 60 Rc) with hard core
- Regulation of carbon potential in the process to make sure of making properly micro-structure free from carbide network
- Core refining treatment to obtain fine-grained structure throughout the mass
- Enhanced endurance limit in fatigue
- 0 0.5-3 mm using conventional carburizing fluid
- 0.1-0.5 mm using special carbonitriding fluid
- Numerous engineering components require above-mentioned properties.
- Nitriding enhances hardness and resistivity to wear on steel surface. Hardness obtained is 300-350 HV for carbon steels and 600-900 HV for alloy steels according to grades and pre-nitriding heat treatment parameters. For exclusive nitriding steel having aluminum, chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, etc, as alloy of elements surfaces hardness turns above 900 HV after nitriding.
- Nitriding is a process for hardening the surface. Therefore, with higher hardness, the process offers better dimensional stability also.
- Nitriding is advised as a finishing treatment after final grinding / machining etc.
- Excellent endurance level in fatigue
- Outstanding atmospheric and aqueous abrasion resistance
- Splendid heat resistance : surface hardness is achieved up to 500oC
- From a few microns to 0.4 mm Applications: Automobile components, crankshafts, gears, hot working dies, plastic moulds, HSS cutting tools, gauges, valves, bushes, flanges, shafts etc.
- Induction Hardening allows successful heating of the component inside the well designed inductor coil producing alternative current of required frequency - quick soaking and fast quenching by pressure jets of water / polymer solution.
- "Quick Heat - Quick Cool " method promises for optimally fine surface microstructure.
- Altering the current through inductor coil produces electromagnetic field causing eddy current on the surface area of the job. The skin current generates skin heating only which eliminates the possibility of mass impact on quenching. Thereby, induction-hardened operation always promises more hardness than volume hardened jobs, especially for big masses. In volume - hardened works the surface hardness goes down by self-tempering owing to development of immense core-heat during martensitic transformation in quenching
- Swift processing means consumption of less time of soaking at the higher temperature. So no scale is made on the work surface.
- Better endurance level in fatigue.
- Up to 12 mm (Different ranges)
- 0.8 - 2.2 mm with 450 Khz - machine
- 1 - 3 mm with 30 Khz - machine
- 2 - 5 mm with 10 Khz - machine
- 4 - 8 mm with 3 Khz - machine
- 8 - 12 mm with 1 Khz - machine
- Automobile components, rolls, piston rods, gears, shafts, spindles etc.
- Cryogenic cold treatment is a deep-freeze super-cold treatment at -300ƒ‚°F (-184ƒ‚°C) performed on a number of tools, dies and most of other engineering components.
- The treatment brings about satisfactory improvement in performance. The service life of components is ameliorated up to 100 - 400 % by this treatment.
- Cryogenic cold treatment is a one-time Surface-to-core treatment and its impact is not taken away by repeated re-grindings. It serves as a coating but lasts after re-sharpening/re- grinding.
- The process effects entire transformation of retained austenite to martensite guaranteeing desired strength.
- Cryogenic cold treatment creates the highly stable micro-structure in a metallic component, assuring of maximal dimensional stability.
- Thermal shock does not occur in the process.
- Cryogenic cold treatment allows to strengthen the molecular bond and seamless metallurgical structure, longer durability, giving higher wear resistance and toughness.
- H.S.S. Cutting tools, gears, carbide tools, shear blades, pistons, knives, gauges, dies, moulds, blades, punches, rollers, bearings etc.
- Super Heat Treatment Plant is provided with a large number of electrically heated salt-bath furnaces (coil type/electrode type) encompassing variegated temperature spanning from 150ƒ‚ °C - 1350ƒ‚°C. The company also has a number of muffle and semi-muffle furnaces, both chambers and pit types, for heat treatment of all grades of steel and some particular grades of non-ferrous alloys. For big-sized rollers, shafts, components etc, set-ups are also equipped to undertake the heat treatment within bespoke insulated caged chambers with temperature limiting up to 1100oC. Big capacity water/oil/polymer solution tanks provides the slaking facility to assure of the proper end-hardness.
- Exclusive promise must be made for high-efficiency Induction Heat Treatment Plant. Commissioned at UNIT-2, the company has five induction hardening machines, each running with particular frequency level to affect the particular range of hardening depth to the component.
- From gear-hardening to shaft and roller hardening, it takes in all sorts of induction heat treatment works with assured case depth, hardness and micro-structure.
- All Furnaces, Thermal Chamber and Salt Baths Chamber are having in-built sensitive temperature controllers to make sure of proper thermal control within ƒ‚± 5ƒ‚°C.
Butt Welding Facilities
- For HSS cutting tool manufacturers, the company offers facilities for butt welding of "Two-piece construction" long shank taps, reamers, drills etc. Its automatic flash-butt welding machine (Make: MIEBACH, Germany) has the proficiency of combining dissimilar metals of round, square cross sections up to 50mm.
Quality Control / Inspection Facilities
- Rockwell Hardness Testers (A,B,C Scales)
- Vickers Hardness Tester (Minimum load : 5kg)
- Digital Hardness Tester (HRA, HRB, HRC, HRD, Brinell & Vickers)
- Poldi Hardness Tester
- Shore Scleroscope
- Micro-structural test for particular cases and special works according to demand of the customers
AN ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED COMPANY
136, Methopara Road (N), P. O. - Ganganagar, Doltala, 24 Parganas (North), Kolkata-700132,
Tel :- +91-033 -25269922.